Delivering Bad News: How to Help Citizens Understand the Realities of Tough Economic Times (Webinar On-Demand)
This program is no longer offered.
What will you say to your citizens, constituents, or the media about upcoming budget cuts or tax increases in your community?
This webinar will help elected officials and public administrators be prepared to communicate about these and other challenges currently facing local governments. Presenter Mark Weaver is a national communications advisor with two decades of communication expertise. He is president of Communications Counsel Inc. and a frequent presenter in the School of Government’s Public Executive Leadership Academy.
Topics will include:
• Application of communication principles of primacy, inoculation, and cognitive dissonance
• How public officials can effectively respond to public concerns
• The role of blogs and other social media
• Points on public disagreement
• The changing role of traditional news media outlets
This webinar was originally broadcast live over the Internet on May 20, 2010. An on-demand version is now available for purchase.