Building Your Leadership Capacity
Check Back for 2013 Dates
Have you ever felt that you were leading but no one was following? Do you have the desire to lead but worry you may not have the qualifications?
Building Your Leadership Capacity gives you insight into who you are as a leader and how you can impact your organization. This two day workshop prepares you to inspire commitment to a shared vision, set high standards of achievement, and lead others to accept challenges and embrace change.
Using feedback from your colleagues and managers, you will develop a personal leadership plan that builds on your strengths and identifies areas for improvement. This workshop was formerly offered under the title of Emerging Leaders.
Please click on your date preference for Helpful Links and Registration
City and county managers, assistant managers, department heads, public defenders and assistants, clerks, and public sector professionals who aspire to leadership positions within their organizations
Scholarships Available: SOG course scholarships are offered from the Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU). These scholarships cover all or part of the tuition for any SOG course, seminar or workshop.
LGFCU offers this program to help nurture the career development of its members who are employed in local government in North Carolina. Applicants must be members of the LGFCU.
To submit an application, visit https://www.lgfcu.org/pages/applications.php. Applications may also be obtained by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-344-4846. If you have questions, please contact Becky Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-2556. Deadline is August 1, 2012
Prework is required for this course
Please check back here for an instruction link
- Self assessment and feedback from others (Course prework required)
- Course notebook, Workbook and Textbook
- Light breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack
- 360 Feedback Report
You will learn to:
- Inspire commitment to a shared vision
- Set high standards of achievement
- Advocate for yourself and listen to others
- Lead others to accept challenges, embrace change, and strengthen their capacity to exceed expectations
You will have a rare opportunity to:
- Understand who you are as a leader and how you can impact your organization
- Recognize how others perceive you as a leader--including your strengths and weaknesses
- Use evaluation results and feedback from others to develop a leadership plan
All cancellations must be submitted in writing, as outlined in the School's cancellation policy. No cancellation or refund is available for online courses and modules.