LeaderShop for Veteran Elected Officials (Municipal and County)
Managing Conflict — How to Disagree
and Still Work Together
Every year after the November elections, the Local Elected Leaders Academy offers a one day LeaderShop for veteran elected officials (Municipal and County). This workshop is offered in multiple locations across the state January and February. This workshop counts as 6 credits towards the LELA recognition program.
Registration opens the Wednesday after election day.
Time: 8:30 AM-3:00 PM -LeaderShop
3:00 PM-5:00 PM-Ethics
Light breakfast and lunch are provided
- Open to both county and city veteran elected officials and their managers
- includes state mandated ethics training
- includes continental breakfast and lunch
If you are a veteran county elected official, please read below:
Veteran county elected officials have the option to also attend the second day of Essentials. This second day of the program includes:
- Public School Financing-In this session participants will learn about the county board’s role in public education in North Carolina. We will focus on the nuances of a county’s funding and oversight responsibilities and the ability of county commissioners to influence school policy. We also will discuss legal and practical strategies available to county boards to better navigate the relationship with local boards of education.
- Working Together as a board
- Financial Management
- Bottom Line! An interactive county budget simulation exercise.
Attending this second day of Essentials provides veterans the opportunity to hear topics that benefit entire boards. Those attending this combined 2 day program will receive 18 points in the Local Elected Leaders Academy. Click here to be redirected to learn more and to register for the combined Essentials of County Government and LeaderShop for Veteran Elected Officials Program.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR ELECTED OFFICIALS:
Scholarships are made available for the 2015 sessions through the generous support of the following:
- Food Lion
- Prudential Financial
Registration: You must register for the course before applying
Deadline: 21 days prior to the start date of the course you are attending
Application link: Click HERE
Technical issues with completing the application? Contact Julie Segar 919.843.8502
Course Materials: THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT!
2015 is the year of the ECG/LeaderShop mobile app. After Thanksgiving, you will be able to access the mobile app via Google Play, the App Store, or directly through a web URL to access all course materials. Materials are only being provided electronically through the app/web URL. If you wish to print any materials before you come to the program, you can access the URL on your computer, print what you like and bring it with you. You will have access to the App for the rest of 2015 so unless you need something while you are at ECG or the LeaderShop for Veteran Elected Officials, you can download or print what you like when you return home. Stay tuned for more details!
Please select one of the options below for more information