Legal and Policy Context: Local Public Health Services
This page includes questions and answers about local public health services in North Carolina.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE CHANGES FROM THE 2012 LEGISLATIVE SESSION. FOR MORE DETAILS, SEE THE "LEGISLATIVE UPDATES" PAGE.
Click on any question to read the answer. For a PDF file containing all of these questions and answers, click here.
- What is the purpose and mission of North Carolina's public health system?
- Does North Carolina law specify the services that local public health agencies must provide?
- What does North Carolina's essential public health services law require?
- What do the mandated services laws require?
- What services or activities are required by the laws governing local health department accreditation in North Carolina?
- How do the laws addressing essential services, mandated services, and accreditation compare to each other?
- How are local public health services financed?
- May a local public health agency charge fees for services?