Upcoming Course Offerings
A block of rooms has been set up at the Great Wolf Lodge for a special rate of $67.30++ per night. This rate does not include tickets to the indoor water park but they can be purchased for $50 per person and is valid for the length of your stay.
To reserve your room contact the hotel direct at 866.751.9653 and give the reservation# 1707UNCSOG to get the special rate. Cut-off for reservations is June 19, 2017. After that date the room rate will be offered at the prevailing rate.
A block of rooms has been reserved beginning on Sunday, August 13, 2017 at an overnight rate of $94. To make a reservation please contact the Reservation Desk at 828.265.7676 before July 20, 2017.
A block of rooms has been reserved at an overnight rate of $78.30/single or double and includes the daily parking. The reservation code for to use when making your reservation is SOG. You can make reservations on-line at http://www.wilmingtonhilton.com/ . You will enter the requested dates and a screen will come up with a box for the group code. Cutoff date for reservations is Thursday, 10/12/2017. After this date the hotel may not be able to accept the discounted rate based on availability.
Supervisors in local government today face unique and complex challenges when working with others and serving their communities. This program provides newly promoted and veteran local government supervisors and front-line managers with the opportunity to better understand and practice basic supervision skills.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Understand your management style and make it more effective
- Gain an overview of management and supervisory roles and issues
- Diagnose problems and analyze difficult interpersonal situations
- Build teamwork and lead problem-solving efforts
- Address conflict and strengthen relationships with employees and coworkers
- Improve listening, communication, and coaching skills
- Appreciate what is means to work in the public sector and make a contribution to the community