Welcome to the School of Government Emergency Management Law Microsite
The NC Emergency Management microsite provides information for North Carolina emergency managers and those interested in emergency management in North Carolina. The navigation links on the right-hand side of this page will take you to laws and authorities related to emergency management, sample documents such as template state of emergency declarations, legislative updates, School of Government publications, emergency management law blogs, and links to other emergency management resources.
Hurricane Matthew Resources for Local Governments
- SOG faculty with expertise in various subjects related to disaster recovery, click here.
- Sample documents such as state of emergency declarations and debris removal contracts are available at the "Sample Documents" link.
- FEMA procurement guidelines and contracting check-list are available at the "Sample Documents" link.
- FEMA Procurement Disaster Assistance Team (PDAT) resources (including procurement guidelines, contract provisions, etc.), click here
- Business disaster assistance resources (SBTDC and other partner organizations), click here
- UNC-Chapel Hill's Hurricane Matthew disaster relief efforts, click here
- NC Association of County Commissioners Hurricane Matthew recovery information, click here
- NC League of Municipalities Emergency Preparedness resources, click here
Join the Emergency Management Listserv
In collaboration with the NC Association of Emergency Managers and the NC Division of Emergency Management, the School of Government is pleased to host a listserv to connect our state's emergency management community. Subscribe to the listserve here.