Office of Business and Finance


Overview: When a hotel requires a contract to reserve a block of rooms, rent meeting space, or any other services, the contract must be signed by an appropriate University Official (if funded by a grant or service agreement with a state agency) or SOG Services.

Please check Meeting and Event Planning - Finance and Budget (unc.edu) that lists all of the meeting and event vendors who have master agreements with UNC, including A/V, catering, rentals, entertainment, photography, florals, etc. Using one of the vendors listed here is not required, but it can streamline the payment process and may also get us a reduced cost under the rates negotiated by the university. 

Do you have a hotel contract that requires signature? Start by submitting a ticket to the Business Office via the Business Office Ticketing System with details of the event and a copy of the contract.

  • If the program is funded by a grant or service agreeement with a state agency, please make the company name School of Government;
  • If the program is funded by SOG Services, please make the company name School of Government Services, Inc..

Please submit the request at least 45 days in advance of the event. Please provide the course/program code if there is any.

Once submitted, the Business Office will contact you with further instructions. You may be asked to provide additional information or collect additional forms from the hotel or venue.


Questions? Contact Anitra Jones at ajones@sog.unc.edu